Monday, November 14, 2011

It's only just begun!

With the completion of the Resident Artist Show at Odyssey, Collect(ive) Components, my ideas for new work has expanded to multiple exciting possibilities!  I am understanding my sculptural work more thoroughly, feeling more confident with hand building techniques, and realizing there are more surfaces and possibilities out there for ceramic sculpture beyond what you find in the glaze lab.  (Not to say I should ignore that option now.  I'm just realizing all the new possibilities!)  And I feel even more confident with my pots and their surfaces than I've ever felt before!  So exciting!

Now that the show is complete, along with the studio stroll and Southern Highlands , I need to get going on applications!  As many know, that's a whole other job in itself.  But I know how to do it now and how to approach it.   Not so scary this time around....but still pretty intense.  

In addition to those shows this fall, I am also in the Charlie Cummings Cup Show!  Check out my work (page nine or select my name in the filter by artist button) along with many other amazing artists!    It's a great show and it seems to be going great.

Here are some images of the Resident Show that is still up.  Please come be Odyssey before January 2nd to see our work.  I think it's worth the trip!

Preview from the front of the Gallery

Our collective cup shelf on the bottom

Collective work window

My installation piece: Form-Scape (clay, paint, paper, and pen)

Mellie's piece on the wall with my and Elaine's cups 

Top Shelf: Ashely's Cups and Elaine's Ewers
Bottom Shelf:  My trays and Mellie's Arches

View from the back of the gallery 
(Andrew's jars in the middle and Bailey's plate installation in the far corner.)

No comments:

Post a Comment