Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Well hello November

Mid terms have come and gone and new work has been made!   It's been a very productive semester so far and a lot of progress has been made with my installation work.  I have been honing in on my content and working on how my intuitive way of piecing together my installations work with the ideas and questions I'm concerned with in my work.


Memory and how it is pieced together after many days, weeks, or years and all of the factors that go into the remembering is an interesting notion.  As I make my ceramic objects and am collecting the parts and pieces that eventually will become my installations, there is a slowness and consideration that goes along with this part of my process.  This slowness is then in contrast to the faster pace of assembling these objects together based on my own intuitive considerations.  I am interested in the tension that happens with this time component, as well as the various formal aspects of placement and the relationship these situations have to the space.  The ambiguity of my objects placed in context with the found objects that have a somewhat recognizable reference creates a feeling of familiarity.  Yet there are open-ended questions that is left in the space.  Just as my memory is constantly being shifted and changed due to my emotions and experiences I am collecting, my pieces are left a little unanswered and continue to form inquiries and questions.



Wall Study 1

Wall Study 2

Wall Study 3

Let's start here and then go way up over there


Let's start here and then go way up over there




Can we just get through this? 


Can we just get through this?


You think that this is comfortable over here?  


Just, just place it riiiiiiight there


This really is an invitation



1 comment: