Thursday, May 1, 2014

It's May and it's about time

Happy Spring to you all!  It was a rough winter all the way up here in Minneapolis. I definitely experienced some new temperatures this year.  Ones that I haven't ever really wanted to experience……

But that meant a lot of studio time!  I've been producing new drawings, wooden constructions, experimenting with new materials, and building larger than I ever have before.   I also have been thinking about how I am constructing a specified space by utilizing  moveable walls and creating a new atmosphere and environment within a given room.  

For now, here are some images of a piece installed in a few different scenarios.  I would like to write more and share more but for now, as I finish up the semester, I just wanted to share what I have produced this semester in my studio.  

A new installation will be going up next week so there will be more to share!  

(side note, I gave hand building in a canvas hammock a shot.  It was pretty awesome.)























No comments:

Post a Comment