Thursday, September 22, 2011

Gettin' to the drawing board

Here's a new image that I will be drawing and painting shortly!


I'm excited to be back to paper and working in a new medium for a little bit.
These ideas will be transformed into clay soon helping me to create and realize new forms and new color combinations. I love the simplified shapes that I can find and adding them up to create the form and object it actually is.  What is it about that simplicity that is so appealing to me?

I have also started to hand build these forms which is a new experience and adventure that has only been a great eye opener to the possibilities I have with these ideas of structure, simplicity, and bold colors.  I will post some new images of work in progress soon.

I will leave you with this triptych boat drawing I did in Homer, AK that has influenced me and inspired me this summer.  Thanks for the beauty, Alaska!
    

1 comment: