Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Here's to new beginnings.


new work, new ideas, new processes


Welcome to my new blog!  I am a ceramic artist living in Asheville, NC, currently a resident artist at the Odyssey Center for Ceramic Arts.  After graduating from Alfred University in 2008 with a BFA in ceramics and painting, I have traveled to Portland, Maine, Fort Collins, Colorado, and now Asheville, North Carolina.  I can't complain about the beautiful and wonderful places my ceramic adventure has taken me.  Every place brings new ideas and excitement to my life, my work, and my goals as an artist.  

My goal with this blog is to stay more current and active with in the ceramic and art community.  I hope to stay up to date with sharing my own work as well as keeping in touch with what is happening in the world outside my own studio practice.  

After a jam packed, uplifting, eye opening, warm, beautiful, and hectic summer, I am ready to get things moving and to get work through the kiln or on paper, keeping my ideas new and fresh.  I hope that this may be a source for me to fall back to stay active and connected to the art and ideas beyond my own.  




No comments:

Post a Comment